Dixel Pungeon: Betrayal at LelDorado
A casual roguelike Android game with pixel-art. The focus of Dixel Pungeon is exploration. Discover what lies beneath the depths of the ancient city of LelDorado!
Dixel Pungeon is based on Pixel Dungeon; all credit to watabou, and thanks for making it open source.
For now, get the latest binary (Android APK) here: http://arfonzo.org/dix/pub.
On github: https://github.com/arfonzocoward/dixel-pungeon.
Key changes from Pixel Dungeon mechanics:
- It's easier when starting out and for casual playing.
- It's big: levels are on average 4 times larger. More tiles, more textures, more MOBs... more stuff.
- Carry more: your inventory is increased to reflect the larger world.
- More hero classes for varying gameplay styles: play as Technoprancer or Pepe the Frog.
- More focus on exploring levels to their fullest.
- More food, less hunger: start with more food. MOBs have a chance of dropping food.
- Soulforging system developed for item upgrades and repairs.
- Updated status pane to display Gold and Souls.
- Firearms system implemented.
- There have also been a plethora of other code changes, too numerous to list here. Refer to the git commit history for details.
It has elements from the Dark Souls series: soul collecting, campfires for resting and upgrades.
- Vanquish foes and collect their souls.
- Spend souls on upgrades.
- Explore and return to the safety of the campfire.
Other neat stuff:
- All new custom Hero Classes to play!
- Technoprancer, for you gun-toting techheads.
- Pepe the Frog, for your meme-loving freaks.
- Drugs: find and consume drugs, to your benefit or detriment... responsibly!
- Chemicals: a whole new class adding good and bad affects for you pill-popping, steroid-injecting psychonauts.
- Guns: when blades and magic fail, shoot them in the face.
- Rest at campfires often.
- Repair your stuff: ensure your equipment is functioning optimally by repairing them at the Soulforge.
- Enable your second quickslot, found in the Settings, in-game only.
- Take time to craft and upgrade your items. Spend souls at the Soulforge wisely: upgrade better, costlier items using Scrolls of Upgrade instead.
- Shops are found on all even-numbered levels, except for those with bosses.
- Buy a Gold Ankh as soon as you can afford it, to cheat death. You will lose all non-equipped items on dying.
- Use your firearms wisely: the noise alerts MOBs and the melee damage from pistol-whipping isn't great. Search for ammunition throughout the levels.
- Smoke 'em if you got 'em: smoke some Wannabliss--it could provide insight about the secrets of a level.
- Remember the basics, people: if you're on fire, why not step on some water?
- Don't play it like Pixel Dungeon: this is Dixel Pungeon.
Please report to the issue tracker.
Arfonzo J. Coward (arfonzo, at gmail dot com)